THOMASARTS 2015 - PRESENT Executive Director, Creative
DENTSU/MCGARRYBOWEN 2004 - 2015 Executive Creative Director
• Led creative teams in developing major campaigns for JPMorgan Chase, Crayola, Disney, HP, Verizon and Marriott.
• Worked on the pitch that won the Chase account for Mcgarrybowen and the launch of the new Chase Bank after it’s merger with BankOne. This involved not only the launch of TV and print campaigns supporting Brand, Card and Retail initiatives, but a fully integrated re-branding of the bank including a new corporate identity for Chase.
• Led the effort to redesign every aspect of the consumer’s interaction with the Chase brand from logo, corporate identity, and consulting on retail branch redesign.
• Led the redesign of Chase’s credit card design approach to better reflect the new branding effort and to set the course for design for the largest card issuer in the country.
• Creative lead for the Crayola Account since 2007 developing fully integrated campaigns to not only build the Crayola brand but to help expand their selling seasons to a more year-round model.
• Leads creative development of TV, print, digital, and PR support for Crayola’s new product launches while always building the brand.
• Supervises creative development across several of Crayola’s other partner agencies in order to maintain a consistent voice in all platforms.
• Consults on and contributes to Crayola’s expansion to a bigger online presence with cross-platform campaigns, branded content and style guides that support merchandising as well as traditional and digital media in year-round selling seasons.
YOUNG & RUBICAM 1994 - 2003 Senior VP Group Creative Director
• Led a team, as a Group Creative director, that relaunched the AT&T brand with a new look and a new campaign that set the stage for their marketing for next 5 years with the “It’s all within your reach” campaign.
• Refreshed the look of AT&T’s corporate identity and the tone for their entire marketing effort across all their agencies.
• Launched new campaigns for Pella Windows, Sony, USPS, Accenture,
Lincoln, Jaguar, KFC, MetLIfe, Citibank, Ericsson, and Jell-O.
J. WALTER THOMPSON NY 1993 - 1994 Senior VP Associate Creative Director
• Developed new campaigns for Citibank, Dow Jones, and Close-Up toothpaste for Cheesborough/Ponds
• Designed the packaging for the launch of Muslix cereal for Kelloggs.
OGILVY & MATHER NY 1985 - 1993 Senior VP Associate Creative Director
• Part of the small group responsible for the successful re-branding of American Express brand with the “Membership has it’s privileges” campaign.
• Developed the TV campaign that worked along side the iconic Annie Liebowitz “Member Since” celebrity print campagin.
• Developed campaigns for Nationwide Insurance, Surf Detergent, NYNEX, Smith Barney, Christian Children’s Fund, KLM and Colonial Williamsburg.
• Gold Effie • New York Art Directors • The Grand Award at the New York
Festivals • AICP • Addy • Clio • Listed in Adweek’s best spots of the decade.
• Work that has been recognized in Communication Arts, Ad Age, Adweek, and the Smithsonian Poster Show.
• Directed video productions for online content • Commercial photography in both table top, fashion and lifestyle. • Graphic Designer with experience in logo design, product design, poster design • Experience as a Production Designer on feature films. I am proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and Final Cut Pro.
• BFA, University of Utah in Graphic Design. Extensive Film Production studies.